Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It has been a while...

It has been awhile since I last made a post, but a lot has happened over the last week or so in my life. I won't bore all of you with the details, but I would ask that you say some prayers for my wife and I. No it is not personal with her and I. Okay, enough with the life of me. Now onto the world of Cleveland Indians. Over the holiday weekend, the Tribe looked great on Friday and Saturday nights against the A's. They routed the Bay Boys on Friday by a score of 15 to 3 with Shin Soo-Choo (my wife's favorite player) leading the way with 4 hits, 7 RBI and 4 runs scored. He became the first Indian since Al Rosen in 1952 to put up a box score like that. Then on Saturday, the Indians won again by a score of 5 to 3 with my highlight being the 10th save of the season for Kerry Wood. All looked good going into Sunday's finale because the Indians had Cliff Lee taking the mound, but once again, they could not give Lee any run support and lost. Before the game, Victor Martinez was named to the All Star team as the lone representative from the Tribe. Way to go Victor!

As all of you may or not may know, I collect Indians baseball cards. On Saturday the 4th, my inaws invited us to go with them to the Tiffin Flea Market. I have been to flea markets before but nothing compared to this one, and I will defintely be going back. For most of the morning, I did not see too many vendors selling anything of sports cards, but at last, I came across one with dime cards in the last building I went in that day. I picked up a few of his dime cards, but will defintely seek him out again when I go. He had the best selection of cards at the market that day. Hopefully there will be others set up when I go in the future. I also came across a vendor selling old beer cans for fifty cents, and he had some Iron City Beer ones that featured the Steelers so I picked up two of them. One has Art Rooney and Chuck Noll on it while the other celebrates their 50th season! What a great find! I do recommend the Tiffin Flea Market to other collectors even if there were not many sports cards vendors there. It is the best flea market I have ever been to! Until the next time...

1 comment:

  1. My sister-in -law lives in Bellevue.They have told us about that flea market but we haven't tried it yet. Jaime's in Amherst is better but a long drive for you.Mansfield used to be good too.You will be in our prayers and I hope it's not too serious.

    ReplyDelete