Friday, June 12, 2009

A weekend to look forward to

All morning I kept hoping that I would be able to leave work a little on the early side because it has been a draining week getting up early to be in early to work. And wouldn't you believe it, I came back from lunch and there was an email sending us home early. Thank you oh great Genie! Anyway, it is a weekend that I have been looking forward to since the Indians announced their 2009 schedule. This weekend the Indians host the St. Louis Cardinals in an interleague matchup. Unfortunately I won't be able to get up to Cleveland for any of the games as I had hoped that I could, but I will have my trusty radio near by listening to Tom Hamilton and Mike Hegan. I am a die hard baseball fan, but my two favorite teams are the Indians and Cardinals with Albert Pujols being my favorite player in baseball today. The man is a beast, and if I don't get lucky enough to be able to see him in a NL park sometime soon, I hope that I can get to see him in Cleveland the next time the Cards come to town. Plus this weekend, Pujols will be seeking to knockout his 20th home run on the season. I just hope the other fans of the Indians will realize how special of a player they will get to see in Pujols this weekend. Go Tribe but go Pujols as well!

The Indians are coming off a series with the Kansas City Royals, and they were able to take 2 of 3 from KC. Last night, Shin Soo-Choo knocked in the winning run in the 10th amongst a huge a gathering of gulls in centerfield. With this win, the Indinas move out of the cellar in the American League Central by a 1/2 game. Slowly but surely the Indians are making their move towards the top, and with no one in the division playing all that great, anything can happen. We are still in the marathon part of the season, and it is not quite time to panic yet. Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment