Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Now this....

Last night, the Indians gave us a new reason to be disappointed in the 2009 season so far. Cliff Lee pitched a magical eight innings, and the Tribe led going to the bottom of the ninth, only to have Kerry Wood give up the winning runs. Yes I know just a few entries ago, I was singing the praises of Kerry Wood, but I want to know why didn't Eric Wedge keep Cliff Lee in the game? We are fast approaching Memorial Day, and the Indians are no where near cracking 20 wins. Are we in for a long season with our beloved Indians? The more the season wears on, I would say so. I am not down on the entire team though. Some players, namely Victor Martinez and Grady Sizemore, have showed up to play every game this year. I know I am constantly singing their praises, but look at the seasons they are having. All Star caliber in my opinion. And besides Victor is hitting right around .400, and he is a part time catcher who plays first base and will DH for you. I am not giving up on the Indians, but I would love to see them hold some leads late in games and win these close ones especially when they are playing in the division.

Til the next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment