Saturday, May 23, 2009

Here we are at the one third pole

On Monday, while our country celebrates Memorial Day with parades, picnics, and other fun activities, the Major League Baseball unofficially hits the one third pole of the season. On Thursday, I was riding on an emotional high because the Indians had just beaten the Royals for the second straight game, and that was crucial because of the Royals being ahead of us in the standings, but then last night in Cincinnati, they found a new way to lose. First of all, Anthony Reyes gave up six walks, but the Reds were only able to get one run, but then Reyes left the game with an injury. However, the Indians could not muster much of an offense against Bronson Arroyo, and he only gave up a solo shot by Grady in the first. Then in the eighth, the Indians lost Aaron Laffey to an injury. Two pitchers hurt in the same game! And before getting hurt, Laffey lost the game on a double by the Reds Adam Rosales, who come into the at bat on a 0 for 14 slump. I am not giving up on the Indians, but if they hope to contend this year, they have to find a way to start winning some of these close games. The weekend series with the Reds continues tonight and tomorrow, and then Monday the Rays visit Cleveland and then next weekend, the Yankees come to town. Go Tribe!

One reason I had started this blog was because I had been reading many a blog by others who write about the hobby of collecting baseball cards. I have met many new friends in the virtual world who collect cards, and I have completed a couple of really awesome trades with two of them already. Plus one really cool guy, who is an Indians fan in Arkansas, sit about 1200 cards of the Indians my way plus about another 400 of the Expos as I am starting to collect cards of that team too. I have many other trades in line to make once my budget allows for it, but if you are interested in collecting cards, let me know, and maybe we can make some trades. Until the next time, have a safe and happy holiday weekend! And don't forget the real reason why we celebrate the Memorial Day holiday! My prayers are with all the soldiers, whether you are overseas or stateside, you are thanked by this true American!

No comments:

Post a Comment