Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Indians, Steelers, Cavs, and maybe a little more

Hi Sports Fans!
As I write this blog, the Indians are in New York City for afternoon tilt against the hated Yankees, but today is no ordinary game in the Bronx. Today is the long anticipate opening of the New Yankee Stadium, and all that it is worth, the pitching matchup is what I was looking forward to most of all. The last two Cy Young award winners go head to head, as Cliff Lee takes the mound for the Indians, and CC Sabathia goes for the Yankees. Sure there will be a lot of pomp and celebration before, during and most likely, after today's game, but the one fact remains the same, and that is as an Indians fan, I still hate the Yankees. Not one ounce of blood in me likes anything to do with the Yankees. Yes, I was a fan of CC Sabathia, and wish him luck in New York, but I could care less for the Yankees. Hopefully the Indians can rough up the Yankees in this four game series, and after that, they don't play again until the end of May. Go Tribe!

The Pittsburgh Steelers announced their 2009 schedule the other day, and for the most part, it should be an easy road back to the playoffs, but one never knows in the NFL. The NFL is full of parity for a reason, and for that reason, there are more fans than any other sport besides possibly NASCAR. Back to the Steelers schedule for a minute though, as the reigning Super Bowl champs, I believe they got ripped by the league. They only play one Monday night game and that is in Denver. Sure they have two Thursday night games, but only one of them is in Pittsburgh. But if the Steelers don't advantage of this "softer" schedule in 2009, there won't be any celebrating come next January in the postseason. Go Steelers!

As some of you may know, I am not a big fan of the NBA, but I do have to give a shout out to the Cleveland Cavs as they have clinched the best record in th association. Sure they lost on their home court last night for only the second time all year, but they look like a tough team to beat now that the long (and I mean LONG) post season of the NBA begins this weekend. Good luck to the Cavs as they begin their search for the title with an opening series against the Detroit Pistons.

And now, a little bit of a sad note. My best friend lost his grandfather the other day, and I will always remember seeing Tony and his wife Ellen in the mall in my hometown on many occasions. Tony was not much of a talker, but he always had a good word to say. I know Aaron, my best friend, will miss his grandfather, and I just want to send out my prayers to his entire family at this time of loss.

Well, I am going to stop for now because I have an Indians game to listen to. Hopefully the Tribe has broken through for some runs. Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment