Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First blog jitters

A couple of years ago, I had started a blog about the world of sports, and then stopped posting a daily blog after I met my now wife. I met her in September of 2007, and we just were married in a beautiful outdoor ceremony in October of 2008. The one thing I absolutely love about my wife, her name is Gretchen, is that she knows that I love sports. I watch just about any sport that I can on television, and although she may not always like it, she still supports my habit of watching sports, reading about sports, and collecting sports cards especially baseball and football cards.

I have recently started reading other blogs about sports cards, and it gave me the idea of starting a new blog for myself about the world of sports. There are many aspects of sports that I love, but there are many that I don't enjoy and through this blog, I hope you will see my point of view and respect my point of view in the world of sports. I won't keep you long this first day of being back to blogging, but I thought I would start off by giving a few remarks about the world of sports in the last few months.

First of all, a big shout out to my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers, who won their sixth Lombardi Trophy back in February. I am still on an emotional high from that game, and that will continue onto this next season. You will see many blogs in the months to come about the Steelers from me.

Secondly, what is going on with the Cleveland Indians? Last night they fell to the Kansas City Royals by a score of 4 to 2. Sure it is early, but the Indians are sitting at 1 and 6, and better start winning soon or manager Eric Wedge could be on the hot seat.

Thirdly, Congrats to the Cleveland Cavaliers on clinching the best record in the NBA last night. I am not a professional basketball fan, but the Cavs are starting to make a believer out of me. Let us see if Lebron James can carry the team to a title now.

And last but not least, good luck to the Columbus Blue Jackets as they start the NHL postseason on Thursday night. They have a tough task ahead of them in playing the Red Wings, but with Steve Mason in goal, anything can happen.

Well, I am going to sign off for now, but hope all of you will be back to check out my blog as I start back into blogging again. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment